- Above Ground Pools
Be sure to read these important safety tips before using Intex products. If you have any questions, please consult the Owner’s Manual or contact Customer Service.
Water recreation is both fun and therapeutic. However, it involves inherent risks of injury and death. To reduce these risks, read and follow all product, package and package-insert warnings and instructions. These materials cover common risks of water recreation, but they don’t encompass every risk and danger as unforeseen conditions can occur. It’s important to familiarise yourself with the following general guidelines as well as guidelines provided by nationally recognised safety organisations.
REDUCE THE RISK OF DROWNING AND INJURY:
- Learn how to swim.
- Provide constant supervision. A competent adult should be appointed as a “lifeguard” or water watcher, especially when children are in and around the pool.
- Take the time to learn CPR and first aid.
- Instruct anyone who is supervising pool users about potential pool hazards and about the use of protective devices like locked doors, barriers, etc.
- Always use common sense and good judgement when enjoying any water activity.
- Supervise, supervise, supervise.
- Safe swimming depends on constant attention to the rules. A "NO DIVING" sign should be posted near your pool to help keep everyone alert to the danger. You may also wish to laminate the sign to protect it from the elements
Your building code may require a permit for this pool and may require childproof fencing. Please contact your local building department for more information about the applicable permitting and barrier requirements.